The BioFire FilmArray Torch System
The BioFire Torch System is the latest advancement in molecular infectious disease diagnostics.
- Compatible with all existing infectious disease panels on the BioFire System
- Reduced footprint provides up to six times the throughput per square foot of laboratory bench space
- Scalable configuration allows customized throughput
- Simplified workflow features a touchscreen interface and integrated barcode scanner
- Data management automation includes LIS connectivity and random-access operation
The BioFire FilmArray 2.0 System
The BioFire 2.0 System enables simplified test ordering, faster turnaround times, and increased accuracy by minimizing manual data entry.
- High throughput of up to 175 samples per day
- Scalable configuration allows customized throughput and efficient use of laboratory bench space
- Offers LIS connectivity, random-access operation, and single database management of up to 8 instruments per computer
The BioFire FilmArray System EZ Configuration
The BioFire System EZ Configuration facilitates rapid near-patient molecular diagnostic testing.
- Designed for use with the BioFire® FilmArray® Respiratory EZ Panel in CLIA-waived testing sites, including clinics and physician offices
- Enables decentralized molecular testing throughout a provider network
- Features a simplified and intuitive interface and results report
CLIA Certificate of Waiver required to perform testing.
Product is not available outside the U.S.
The BioFire FilmArray System – How It Works
The BioFire System offers unmatched ease-of-use with just two minutes of hands-on time and results in about an hour. Training is minimal and the software walks you through the entire molecular testing process.
It takes just three easy steps to get faster disease diagnostic results with BioFire’s multiplex assay technology.
- Setup—inject hydration solution and an unprocessed sample into a pouch
- Test—insert the pouch into the BioFire System instrument and start the run
- Get Result—software reports whether each target is detected in the sample
The BioFire FilmArray multiplex PCR assay that stores all the necessary reagents for sample preparation, reverse transcription PCR, PCR, and detection in a freeze-dried format. During a test run, the BioFire System extracts and purifies all nucleic acids from the unprocessed sample. Next, it performs nested multiplex PCR in two stages. The first stage includes a single, large volume, multiplexed reaction. The second stage includes individual, single-plex reactions to detect the products from the first stage.
Using endpoint melting curve data, the BioFire System software automatically analyzes the results for each target on the panel. When the run is complete, the software reports whether each pathogen is detected in the sample. This information is printed in an automated response at the end of the test run.